Vice President for Student Life
Welcome to the Office of the Vice President website, a branch of the Division of Student Life. As Vice President for Student Life, I have the privilege of leading a talented and dedicated staff committed to our mission of fostering student success.
We work with students to create and promote a multitude of educational opportunities that complement the opportunities that students have within the curriculum they study.
To the extent that our work is successful, students leave The University of Iowa with knowledge and lifelong habits that support their health and safety, with growing understandings of their roles in a multicultural and global society, and with the skills and knowledge to be leaders in their families, their communities, their workplaces, and the nation and world. Our work, like the work of our colleagues around the university, is a high calling.
I’m always pleased to hear from you, whether we’ve disappointed or delighted you. We’re here to serve students, as well as their families, and members of the greater university community.
If we can be of help, please be in touch.
Email address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Northwestern University, 1981
- M.S. in Psychology, Northwestern University, 1980
- A.B. in Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, 1977
- Vice President for Student Life, 2008
- Vice Provost, September 2007
- Senior Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, 2007
- Dean of the University College, 2006
- Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, 2006
- Interim Associate Provost, 2005
- Interim Associate Provost for Faculty Development, 2004
- Professor, College of Education, University of Iowa, 1986
- Assistant Professor, Psychology, Texas Christian University, 1981
- Chair of the Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations, College of Education, 2001-2004
- Founding Director, Center for Teaching, 1996-2002