A Strategic Look Forward: Shaping the UI Student Experience
The Division of Student Life prides itself on having a forward-facing outlook when it comes to the work we do to create an impactful student experience. To achieve this, we are continually improving processes and our organization behind the scenes in ways that allow us to function in the most effective, efficient way. Every so often we need to stop and assess the changes we have made and/or are planning to make in the future.
The DSL, along with each college and administrative unit on campus, will immediately begin work on building a new strategic plan that will lead us into the future in more innovative ways. Throughout the process we hope to identify current areas of excellence and distinction, ways we can best serve our students, and areas we can demonstrate continued influence on student retention and persistence toward graduation.
Some of the questions we hope to answer are:
- What makes Iowa’s DSL unique?
- Where are our current areas of excellence?
- What do we aspire to be?
- How can we work collaboratively and cross-campus to achieve our goals?
- How do we define success?
- What do our stakeholders identify as our strengths and opportunities?
- How can we best serve every University of Iowa student?
The process is intended to be inclusive and transparent, and we encourage input and participation from everyone involved in the division, students, stakeholders, alumni, parents and families, and campus partners. This website landing page will be updated in real time so everyone has a place to share feedback and find updates.
This process creates a tremendous opportunity for us to vision, ideate, and curate an unparalled experience for our students that is transformative and unmatched by our peers. I couldn’t be more excited to be on this journey with you!
- DSL Strategic Plan - process and organization
- Iowa leaders encourage participation in strategic plan process [Iowa Now
- University of Iowa Strategic Plan