These pages were developed for staff in the Division of Student Life (DSL) and will continue to evolve as we learn what resources you would like to see available. The Division employs over 510 staff -- approximately 50% general service staff and 50% professional & scientific staff. The DSL is the largest employer of students on campus -- currently over 2,100 biweekly appointments.
Did one of your peers do something awesome? Nominate them for a High Five by filling out this form.
Student Life Human Resources
Information for Division Staff
- We are Phil slideshow for Division of Student Life (PowerPoint) - Updated for 2014.
- 2016 liveWELL Program Summary for Division of Student Life
- 2014 liveWELL Program Summary for Division of Student Life
- 2013 liveWELL Program Summary for Division of Student Life
- We are Phil video for Division of Student Life
- Working at Iowa: Division of Student Life Results 2016
- Working at Iowa: Division of Student Life Results 2014
- Working at Iowa: Division of Student Life Results 2012
Connections is a monthly newsletter for Division of Student Life staff. You can view past issues here.
To submit or suggest a story, write to Bret Gothe (email@example.com).
Human Resources Representatives
Human resources representatives are a great way to get answers about employment. In addition to contacting your supervisor, staff should always feel free to contact their HR rep. Division HR reps are as follows:
|Iowa Memorial Union and CSIL||Courtenay Villhauer|
|Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator||Courtenay Villhauer|
|Rape Victim Advocacy Program||Courtenay Villhauer|
|Recreational Services||Courtenay Villhauer|
|Student Disability Services||Courtenay Villhauer|
|Student Health Service||Lori Berger|
|Student Wellness Service||Lori Berger|
|University Counseling Service||Courtenay Villhauer
|University Housing & Dining - Admin & Housing||Tammy Showers|
|University Housing & Dining - Dining||Tammy Showers|
|University Housing & Dining - Facilities||Eileen Sullivan|
|Women's Resource & Action Center||Courtenay Villhauer
University of Iowa Policies
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Conflict of Interest in Employment (Nepotism)
- Drug Free Environment
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Ethics and Responsibilities
- Financial Fraud
- Human Rights
- Sexual Harassment
- Work Rules
Safety and Wellness
- UEHC (University Employee Health Clinic - not worker's compensation)
- UI Wellness
- UI Workers Compensation
Other UI Resources
- Faculty & Staff Services/Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development
- Parking and Transportation
This is a brief list of resources available to staff. Other resources are listed on the UI A-Z Search.
Division Policies & Forms
- Flexible Pay Plan -- Division of Student Life
- Spot and Exceptional Performance Award Policy
- Spot Award Form
- Exceptional Performance Award Form
- Working Title Guidelines -- Division of Student Life
Submit an idea
How can the Division of Student Life serve students better? Please share your idea with us:
We Are Phil
Phil is short for philanthropy, and at the UI, Phil is our nickname for everyone who donates to the university, as well as all those who benefit from private support. That means you are Phil too. You can support any of the UI programs and projects that matter most to youâand your gift will make a real difference on campus.
The Division of Student Life (DSL) prides itself on having a forward-facing outlook when it comes to the work we do to create an impactful student experience. To achieve this, we are continually improving processes and our organization behind the scenes in ways that allow us to function in the most effective, efficient way. Every so often we need to stop and assess the changes we have made and/or are planning to make in the future.