The Partnership for Alcohol Safety is a joint project of The University of Iowa and the City of Iowa City. Its mission is to identify and advocate for strategies that reduce high-risk drinking and promote a vibrant downtown. Its values stress collaboration, community, and a results orientation.
Members of the partnership come from throughout the Iowa City community and include:
- University students, administrators, faculty members and staff members
- City of Iowa City elected officials and administrators
- Downtown Iowa City business owners, including bar owners
- Public health professionals
- Law enforcement professionals
- K-12 school board members and administrators
- Neighborhood representatives
- Faith community representatives
- News media
We encourage you to review our plans and to offer your suggestions by e-mail to the Office of the Vice President for Student Life at email@example.com.
Mission, values and vision
The Partnership for Alcohol Safety exists to identify and advocate for strategies that reduce high-risk drinking and promote a vibrant downtown.
Co-ChairsMelissa Shivers, Co-Chair
VP for Student Life, University of Iowa
Jim Throgmorton, Co-Chair
Mayor, City of Iowa City
Members Simon Andrew
Assistant to the City Manager
City of Iowa...