Please reference the following for University of Iowa and Division of Student Life information regarding extreme weather cancellations and schedule adjustments.
University of Iowa
Due to the forecast of extreme weather the University of Iowa is cancelling classes from 5pm Tuesday through 12pm Thursday on the Iowa City campus.
Organizers of non-academic events are responsible for communication about cancellation for their event. In making this decision, refer to the UI Operations Manual. We strongly encourage all organizers of non-academic events to cancel given the extreme weather. In all cases we urge students, faculty, and staff to use good judgement and avoid serious risks during these extreme weather conditions.
To reiterate, class cancellations will include:
- Tuesday: all evening classes beginning at 5pm. or later.
- Wednesday: all classes.
- Thursday: all morning classes. Classes resume at 12:00pm (noon).
Students with clinical duties should consult with their preceptors or supervising faculty.
Except for classes, as described above, the university will remain open in accordance with the UI Operations Manual.
More information and details are available at emergency.uiowa.edu.
Online classes are not affected by inclement weather and should continue as planned. Faculty are free to work with students to find an alternative time and method for delivering course content as needed.
Division of Student Life
Student Health will remain open during regularly scheduled hours:
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday - Thursday
- 9:15am – 5:00pm Friday
To schedule an appointment, visit https://studenthealth.uiowa.edu/
University Dining will continue to be open for students even though classes are cancelled. Be sure to check dining.uiowa.edu for hours of service, as some changes in hours of operation may occur. Student employees are expected to report to work unless told otherwise by their supervisor.
Recreational Services will have reduced operating hours Tuesday (1/29) through Thursday (1/31).
- CRWC - early closure at 7:00pm
- Field House - early closure at 7:00pm
- Fitness East - early closure at 7:00pm
- HTRC - early closure at 7:00pm
- CRWC - open 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Field House - closed
- Fitness East - closed
- HTRC- closed
- Macbride Nature Recreation Area – closed
- CRWC - late opening at 10:00am
- Field House - late opening at 12:00pm
- Fitness East - late opening at 12:00pm
- HTRC - late opening at 12:00pm
- Macbride Nature Recreation Area - late opening at 12:00pm
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
University Counseling Services (UCS)
University Counseling Services (UCS) will operate with reduced hours on Wednesday (1/30) and will have regular business hours on Thursday (1/31).
- Wednesday – 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Thursday – 8:00am – 5:00pm
Students who need to reschedule their appointments should call UCS at 319-335-7294.
Iowa Memorial Union (IMU)
Although the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) will remain open for staff, all retail outlets will be closed from 5:00pm Tuesday (1/29) through noon Thursday (1/30). Additionally, all student organizations and departmental programs and activities scheduled for the building have been cancelled during this time period.
IMU building hours will be as follows:
- Tuesday – building closes at 5:00pm
- Wednesday – building opens at 7:00am and closes at 5:00pm
- Thursday – building opens at 7:00am and closes at 12:00 midnight