Here it is. We have reached the end of classes for another semester, and for another academic year. Students are pressed to complete papers and projects and are studying for final exams. It’s a paradox of human behavior that when we find our selves under a lot of stress, that stress leads us to stop engaging in the kinds of behaviors that… mitigate stress! So, you might remind students about how important sleep, nutrition, exercise and the like are over the next couple of weeks.
Some conversation starters for this week:
- How many finals do you have? When are they?
- What are your plans for the summer? Are you planning to take any classes?
- What’s your plan for studying for finals?
- Do you like to study alone, or with others?
- Where are you going to work on papers or study for finals?
Do you have any suggestions for conversation starters that have worked for you?
Thanks for all you do to foster student success. We can all make a difference.