The following links provide additional information on alcohol-related issues, education, and treatment services.
University of Iowa Resources
- Alcohol Harm Reduction Plan
- Alcohol and Drug Assistance Program, Student Wellness, provides education and evaluation options
- Alcohol and Your College Experience, a for-credit course that uses an evidence-based, personalized feedback model to provide students with information on their current alcohol use. Students monitor their alcohol use and receive nonjudgmental feedback on their behavior and its consequences. They are encouraged to create behavior change plans to implement lower-risk drinking strategies and decrease negative consequences to self and others. Information and strategies are applicable to non-drinkers. Go to courses on MyUI.
- Collegiate Recovery Program, provides an environment that supports the therapeutic and educational needs of Iowa students who are considering recovery, in recovery, or wanting to support those in any stage of recovery from addiction.
- e-CHECKUP TO GO, an online alcohol use self-assessment tailored to UI students
- Student Wellness provides individual consultations, educational outreach workshops, online programs, and health information
Prelude Behavioral Services, a community-based, non-profit organization offering substance abuse and behavioral health services to Johnson and other Iowa counties
UIHC Chemical Dependency Program, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is dedicated to offering care and hope to all substance abusing patients; meeting the special needs of dual diagnosis patients; and providing resources to other clinical departments, the general university community, and the state of Iowa.